NBA MVP Predictions

This 2016-2017 NBA season has started, and let me just say it’s going to be the most exciting season in NBA history. That’s a very bold statement, but I know it will be, back in the 90s or in the early 2000s there was nothing called social media. In the late 2000s Facebook and Myspace were things, but no one uses Myspace and Facebook was big, but they never talked as much sports as news in that time. On Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat, the NBA is exploding! It’s the biggest talk, so everyone gets hyped up for it. Now that Dwyane Wade joined the bulls, Dwight Howard joined the Hawks, Derrick Rose joined the Knicks, and Kevin Durant joined the Warriors, everything is different. I’m excited for the year, I don’t think the Warriors will do as good as everyone thinks and I think the Bulls, Raptors, and Jazz are going to surprise everyone. This is my MVP prediction for the 2016-17 season.12253673795   Can Demar Derozan really win MVP

1. Demar Derozan/James Harden. Toronto Raptors/ Houston Rockets. The reason I have two people tied for third is actually because of the San Antonio Spurs. They’re going to be first in the Western Conference, (the Warriors need to have paint protection). The Raptors are exploding right now, and Demar Derozan is looking like a top 3 player this year. He’s getting 30 points game after game! The way he’ll win over Harden, is because the Raptors record at the end of the year. Harden, is top three in scoring and number one in assists, if Rockets end a higher seed than the Thunder, I think Harden ca win. Like I said, the team in everyone’s way is the San Antonio Spurs. It’ll definitely be close.

1. Kawhi Leonard. San Antonio Spurs. The man in everyone’s one way, Kawhi Leonard. He’s the only superstar on his team, unlike the Warriors, so he’s going to have the best stats with the best team. He’s a lockdown defender and he’s almost un-guardable on offense. Kevin Durant joining the Warriors was the best thing for his MVP campaign, because now two MVP candidates are on a team stealing stats from one another. Other than Kawhi the Spurs don’t have a superstar, they don’t have anyone in Kawhi’s way, its Kawhi’s team. If the Spurs finish first in the conference, it’ll be hard not to give him the MVP.

Kawhi for MVP

1. Russell Westbrook. Oklahoma City Thunder. The Thunder were one game away from playing against the Cavs in the NBA Finals. Also one game away from keeping Kevin Durant on their team, but he left and joined the Warriors. Which might end up being the best thing to ever happen in Russell Westbrook’s career. Now Russell’s the man in charge, the only superstar. He’s basically averaging a triple-double, he’s .1 rebound away. He already has seven triple-doubles, no doubt he’ll smash the modern NBA record. He might have the best season in NBA history the way he’s playing. The only thing in his way is the Thunder’s record. I think they’ll finish 4th or 5th and he’ll win MVP, which will be the first time in 30 years. Westbrook is truly one of the most athletic players of all time

23978355152-2
Russell Westbrook’s Year

The top nine NBA MVP candidates

Be the first to comment